Structural Residential Design
What do we need from you?
Prior to submitting your project to us, ensure that you have developed or consulted with a contractor, residential designer, or residential architect to develop architectural design drawings that meet the following criteria.
- Numerical street address (or Lot #) for the project.
- Submit all plans and documents as a single file.
- Foundation, floor, roof, and elevation plans.
- Drawings shall be legible, orientated as Landscape & formatted to scale (i.e. 1/4″ = 1’-0”, 3/16″= 1’-0“)
- Drawings shall include the name of the designer, architect, or engineer (if applicable), with address and contact information.
- Drawings shall identify the heated and unheated square footage of each story and a total for the project.
- Standard guide – Mecklenburg County Residential Plan Review Checklist
Once you’ve acquired architectural design drawings as outlined, you’re ready for structural design.
How do we serve you at IDE Structural Engineers?
All structural design project submission requests are completed via our Design Project Submission Form. All plans are to be uploaded and if the files are too large, they can be emailed to Plans@IDECharlotte.com
Once the online form is uploaded and all required plans in the preferred format have been submitted, we email confirmation of receipt then submit the project for internal review.
Our pricing depends on square footage (heated and unheated), and the complexity of design requirements based on plan geometry (lateral design complexity, custom details, etc.). For this reason, we must have finalized design drawings so that we can review and price effectively.
Our experts evaluate the scope of the project and develop a price proposal along with a time frame. This is usually done within 2-3 business days of plan submission.
Once approval is received from the client, the project is placed in our active projects log. We prefer complete client feedback at every step to avoid last-minute changes.
The structural engineering designs are checked by our team for quality assurance. Once approved, they are saved and sent via email to the client in the client’s preferred deliverable type.
THE ENGINEERING PROCESS
Each project is scheduled with one of our structural engineers. The structural design process includes team collaboration, value-based problem solving, proactive communication, and developed deliverables.